These terms and conditions apply to the use of this website at www.childmindingnorthants.org.uk. By accessing this website and/or placing an order, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Using this website indicates that you accept these terms regardless of whether or not you choose to register with us or order from us. If you do not accept these terms, do not use this website.
The website www.childmindingnorthants.org.uk is operated by: Northamptonshire Childminding Association, a registered charity, whose operating address is at:
PO Box 7114
Our charity number is 1047565.
Northamptonshire Childminding Association (NCA) promotes and supports prospective and registered childminders in Northamptonshire. Content on this site is therefore aimed at them and the parents using them. However we also welcome visitors to this site from other parts of the country.
Our contact details are as follows:
Northamptonshire Childminding Association
PO Box 7114
Telephone: 0845 838 3724
• You will be able to access most areas of this website without registering your details with us. Certain areas of this website are only open to you if you subscribe to Premium Membership of NCA.
• We may revise these terms and conditions at any time by updating this posting. You should check this website from time to time to review the then current terms and conditions, because by using this website you agree to be bound by these.
• You are permitted to print and download extracts from this website for your own use on the following basis: (a) no documents or related graphics on this website are modified in any way; (b) no graphics on this website are used separately from accompanying text.
• Unless otherwise stated, the copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material on this website (including without limitation photographs and graphical images) are owned by us or any licensors that we might appoint in the future.
• If you breach any of the terms in these terms and conditions, your permission to use this website automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any downloaded or printed extracts from this website.
• No part of this website may be reproduced or stored in any other website or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without our prior written permission.
• While we endeavour to ensure that this website is normally available 24 hours a day, we will not be liable if for any reason this website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
• Access to this website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control.
Visitor material and conduct
• You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from this website any material: (a) that is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience; (b) for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals; (c) which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party, in the UK or any other country in the world; or (d) which is technically harmful.
• You may not misuse the website.
• We will fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or locate anyone posting any material which does not follow these guidelines.
Links to and from other websites
• Links to third party websites on this website are provided solely for your convenience. If you use these links, you leave this website. We have not reviewed all of these third party websites and do not control and are not responsible for these websites or their content or availability. We therefore do not endorse or make any representations about them, or any material found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to this Website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
• If you would like to link to this website, you may only do so on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, the home page of this website, and subject to the following conditions: (a) you do not remove, distort or otherwise alter the size or appearance of the Northamptonshire Childminding Association (NCA) logo; (b) you do not create a frame or any other browser or border environment around this Website; (c) you do not in any way imply that we are endorsing any products or services other than our own; (d) you do not misrepresent your relationship with us nor present any other false information about us; (e) you do not otherwise use the Northamptonshire Childminding Association (NCA) logo; displayed on this Website without our express permission; (f) you do not link from a website that is not owned by you; and (g) your website does not contain content that is distasteful, offensive or controversial, infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations. We expressly reserve the right to revoke the right granted in this clause for breach of these terms and to take any action we deem appropriate.
• You shall fully indemnify us for any loss or damage we or any of our group companies may suffer or incur as a result of your breach of these rules.
Advertising your childminding practice on the website
• The contact details of all Ofsted Registered Childminders in Northamptonshire will appear on www.childmindingnorthants.org.uk to advertise their childminding practice unless they contact us to opt out.
• Responsibility for the security of any passwords issued rests with you and if you know or suspect that someone else knows your password, you should contact us immediately.
• We may suspend or cancel your advertisement immediately at our reasonable discretion or if you breach any of your obligations under these terms and conditions.
• Northamptonshire Childminding Association cannot guarantee the accuracy of claims made in these adverts and do not endorse the childminders who advertise on this website. NCA advise parents to verify qualifications, experience and terms of registration.
Ordering from us
• You are deemed to place an order with us by ordering via our online checkout process. As part of our checkout process you will be given the opportunity to check your order and to correct any errors. We will send you an order acknowledgement, detailing the products you have ordered.
- If you are purchasing online training or membership on behalf of someone else please make sure that their details are entered on the order.
- Membership and online training cannot be transferred to another person.
- We may refuse to accept an order:
a) where goods are not available; (b) where we cannot obtain authorisation for your payment; (c) if there has been a pricing or product description error; or (d) if you do not meet any eligibility criteria set out in our terms and conditions.
- Please allow 21 days for us to process your order.
Payment for membership by instalments
- Your NCA membership is conditional upon receipt by NCA/CUK in cleared funds of each of the payments.
- If at any time your payment fails we will contact you within 24 hours of us being informed of the failed collection to arrange payment of the total via a different method.
- Failure to pay within 5 working days of the failed collection will result in cancellation of membership and all member benefits.
- NCA/CUK will not be liable for any losses arising from your failure to make payments on time.
- You reasonably believe that you will have the funds to pay future instalments and will notify NCA/CUK immediately upon becoming aware of any significant change to your financial circumstances which may affect your ability to pay.
• Where we charge separately for packing, carriage and insurance and other relevant charges, the appropriate rates are set out in our specified pricing structure shown elsewhere on this Website.
• Our prices are reviewed periodically, but will not change once an order has been placed, paid for and accepted by us.
• We accept Credit Card, Debit Card payments via SSL.
• We accept Eurocard / MasterCard / Visa / Delta / Maestro / Solo cards.
• We do not accept Electron or American Express.
• The goods will not be delivered until the customer's funds paid to Northamptonshire Childminding Association have cleared in full.
• Please note that all transactions will be carried out in sterling.
• We will not be held responsible for pricing errors due to software malfunctions, or human error.
Cancellation and returns policy
The Consumer Rights Act 2015 says goods must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. During the expected lifespan of your product you’re entitled to the following:
- Up to 30 days – If your goods are faulty, you can get a refund
- Up to 6 months – If it can’t be repaired or replaced, then you’re entitled to a full refund in most cases.
- Up to 6 years – If the goods do not last a reasonable length of time you may be entitled to some money back.
As per the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, a consumer who purchases goods online has up to 14 days after receiving their goods (in most cases) to change their mind and be offered a full refund.
Digital content including online training
We ensure that all digital content is as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality.
Your rights are protected under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 and the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
As per the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, you have 14 days to change your mind and get a full refund on digital content but you do not have this right to cancel after a download has started.
Terms and Conditions for Training
Confirmation of your booking
For all bookings you will receive a response within 5 working days.
Cancellation and charges
Sometimes, for reasons beyond our control, we may not be able to run a published course.
If a course is substantially changed we will:
• give you 10 working days’ notice of any change to date and venue
• give you the option of accepting or declining the changes
• make no charge to you if you cannot attend the modified course
If a course is rescheduled owing to unforeseen circumstances we will:
• offer a revised arrangement
• offer a full refund if this arrangement is not acceptable
If you need to cancel a place
All cancellations must be received by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone to the NCA Enquiry Line on 0845 838 3724
In the event that you need to cancel a place on a paid for course, the following charges apply:
• If you give us 11 working days’ notice or more - No charge
• If you give us 10 working days’ notice or less - Full course fee will be charged
• For non-attendance, full course fee will be charged
In the event that you need to cancel a place on a funded (free) course, the following charges apply:
• If you give us 11 working days’ notice or more - No charge
• If you give us 10 working days’ notice or less the following fees will be charged -
Evening course £30
Half day course £50
Full day course £100
• For non-attendance the following fees will be charged -
Evening course £30
Half day course £50
Full day course £100
• While NCA endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is up to date and accurate, we cannot guarantee this.
• We may make changes to the material on this website, or to the products and prices described in it, at any time without notice.
• NCA and any other party (whether or not involved in creating, producing, maintaining or delivering this website), exclude all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party (including without limitation, any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damages, or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption, and whether in tort (including without limitation negligence), contract or otherwise) in connection with this Website in any way or in connection with the use, inability to use or the results of use of this Website, any websites linked to this Website or the material on such websites, including but not limited to loss or damage due to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing this Website or your downloading of any material from this website or any websites linked to this website.
• Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for (i) death or personal injury caused by negligence (as such term is defined by the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977); (ii) fraud; (iii) misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter; or (iv) any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
• You agree to indemnify us fully, defend and hold us, and our staff, trustees, harmless from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs (including reasonable legal fees) arising out of any breach of the terms and conditions by you, or your use of this Website, or the use by any other person using your registration details.
Governing law and jurisdiction
• These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
• We do not warrant that materials/items for sale on the Website are appropriate or available for use outside the United Kingdom.
• You may not assign, sub-license or otherwise transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions.
• If any provision of these terms and conditions is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions which shall continue to have full force and effect.
• Only the parties to these terms and conditions may seek to enforce them under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.